Sometimes a small change to your lifestyle or habits can make a big difference to your pocket.
To make your home more energy efficient and keep your bill down, start using these energy saving tips:
- When possible, don’t leave heating running when out of the house
- Try turning your thermostat down by one degree – this can save around £40 a year.
- Don’t obstruct radiators
- Insulate your loft space and cavity walls
- Avoid heat loss through large windows by drawing curtains when possible
- Use energy-efficient light bulbs
- Turn off household appliances when not in use
- Use low-temperature settings on appliances
- When using a kettle, only boil as much water as you need
- A standard shower will use around 40% of the water a bath will use
- Keep thermostat temperatures to a minimum while remaining comfortable